Think about these great verses and then meditate as to what the Bible means to you personally. When was the last time you gave thought as to the value of the Bible? I am not asking whether you thought to bring it to church, but have you thought about the Word of God. What meaning does it have in your life? What value would you place on your Bible? Is it an old Book with some good philosophical ideals or is it a Book of survival to you? Have you ever thought about your belief about the Bible? How do you know that God has spoken through the Bible?
Let me give you ten reasons why I know the Bible is the Word of God:
BECAUSE OF ITS AMAZING UNITY!
- Sixty-six Books, and written by 40 different individuals.
- One in unity with the other which makes the Bible is the only Book that makes sense.
BECAUSE OF ITS INDESTRUCTIBILITY!
- Emperors and others have tried to destroy it from the very beginning.
- Fools have tried to discredit the Bible. Ingersoll, Payne, etc.)
- In AD 303 Diocletion ordered, “Get rid of all the manuscripts.”
- In 313 Constantine asked, “are there any left” as many as 50 were found.
BECAUSE OF ITS HISTORICAL ACCURACY!
- Accurate in history.
- Accurate in character.
BECAUSE OF ITS SCIENTIFIC ACCURACY!
The Bible is not a Book of Science, but all it says is true.
Isaiah 40:22, “It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:”
BECAUSE OF ITS PROPHETIC ACCURACY!
- The prophecies fore-told by the prophets.
- The prophecies fulfilled as spoken.