There are at least five words in the Bible that testify of the place called hell:
- Sheol is the Old Testament Hebrew word that means “the unseen place.” It is most often translated “hell” or the “grave.”
- Hades is the New Testament Greek equivalent of Sheol. It also literally means the “unseen place.”
- Hell is where the wicked dead are and stand in contrast to heaven according to Luke 10:15, “And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell”
- It is described as a place of conscious torments. A place where there is no relief from fire and pain Luke 16:19-31.
- The Grave and Hell will give up the wicked dead. They shall stand before God; be judged and found wanting. They will confess, “Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:11. Only to hear Jesus say, “Depart from me ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.” Matthew 25:41.
- The Lake of Fire, which is also call Gehenna, and is the future of all those who reject Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
Here is the important question:
Matthew 23:33, “Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?”
ALL THOSE WHO TRUST CHRIST WILL ENJOY HEAVEN FACE TO FACE WITH CHRIST FOR ALL OF ETERNITY
2 Corinthians 5:8, “…to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.”
- All born again Christians will be with Christ forever.
- To the Christian this is far better and greater hope.
- He could come for us at any moment 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.
The question is, “Are You Ready?”