Actually the only thing they lost was the beautiful surroundings and possibly some opportunities.
But the sacrifices are still the same (1 Corinthians 6:18-20), and most things are still available in the same purity as they were before: water, bread oil, incense and the Glory of God.
We too still have the same opportunities we once had. We have the same preaching and old songs in our hearts, etc.
“What can take away my sin, nothing but the blood of Jesus.”
“The Temple has been tarnished by the devils wiles, but the cross is still the same:”
- The sacrifices are the same.
- The water of daily cleansing was the same.
- The blood of cleansing is still the same.
- The oil was the same – you can still have power of the Holy Spirit.
- The bread is still the same and will continue to meet your daily needs through prayer.
- The incense was the same as always. Look at some of the men who prayed down Pentecost: Peter once denied Christ and all forsook Christ. Who preached the power-filled message at Pentecost? Peter!
You can still have the same knowledge and truth and hear the same preaching, music and testimonies, etc.
The Cedars of Lebanon, the gold and acacia wood is not what the Temple is all about: the sacrifices are still the same, and their access to God is still the same.
True, sometimes opportunities may change, but you can still claim the same promises in God’s Word, pray, win souls and be a blessing to others.
Here is a good lesson in all of this: you cannot go beyond the love of God. The fountain is still running. The Old Rugged Cross is still standing.
I believe God is saying, “don’t live in the past, but move on in the future and don’t keep your eyes on the old buildings, etc.”
Maybe somebody here tonight can identify with the old Jews and maybe others have wandered from the old paths.
Come boldly to the Throne of grace and find mercy in time of need.
So, what can we do?
- Come back to God’s original plan for you and church.
- Accept His continued love and forgiveness.
- Offer His sacrifices, daily cleansing, prayer, power of the Holy Spirit and get it back.
- Live in the center of His will.
- Get back to building His Temple by serving Him.
What a blessing to see God working in the hearts of men and women. What a blessing to have privilege and opportunity in reaching this beautiful community for Christ.
Why not ask God for fresh oil and a new vision, and let’s get back to building the Temple for God’s glory. Take the Challenge!