I believe there are three things we must understand to even approach maturity in Biblical love:
LOVE WILL CHANGE YOU
- In your character: God will use circumstances and people.
- In your Christ-likeness: God will help to apply the Word of God. In other words our attitudes and actions will become more like Christ.
Certain things must never change: our message, mission and ministry. Methods always change.
Think of it: as a preacher I define myself in my message not method.
LOVE WILL HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND ACTIONS AND ATTITUDES
Let me explain! You will not always understand everything, but must learn to be:
- Teachable – because we do not understand it all.
- Faithful – God does not always answer prayer the way we want Him to.
LOVE WILL OPEN THE DOOR TO GREATER UNDERSTANDING AND LEARNING
- Because love is the key to relationships.
- Love will then produce: Obedience and Joy.
- There will be a greater love for each other.
John 13:35, ‘By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.’
How to build love?
- Structure: don’t be a big shot.
- Spirit: keep going and taking them back to the cross.
Conclusion: Stay in love with Jesus and He will help you love one another.