So, how can we please God?
- EXALT HIS SON.
Colossians 1:18-19, “And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the pre-eminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell.”
- He is the Head of the church.
- He is Pre-eminent.
- He is worthy.
- DO GOOD.
The Bible says in John 1:14, the word became flesh, and in Acts 10:38, He went about doing good.
We ought always to try to do good and to do what pleases Him.
Hebrews 13:15-17, “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. And to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.”
There are many other ways to please God:
- By proclaiming the message of Christ (I Corinthians 1:18-2:5)
- By believing God and his promises (Hebrews 11:6)
- By asking for God’s wisdom (1 Kings 3:10, Colossians 1:9-14; James 1:5-8)
- By staying away from sexual sin (Ephesians 5:3, 4, 10; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8)
- By sharing the gospel with the lost (I Corinthians 9:14-27, 10:31-33)
- By helping others in time of need (Philippians 4:10-20; Hebrews 13:16)
- By submitting to authority (Romans 8:7-8, Colossians 3:20; 1 John 3:22)
- LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
Read and comment on I John 4:7-21.
- BE FRUITFUL.
Colossians 1:10, “That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.”
- PRAISE HIM.
Psalm 69:30, “I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.”
God was pleased when the Old Testament prophets praised Him.
God was pleased when Jesus praised Him.
God was pleased when the New Testament prophets praised Him, and,
God is pleased when the New Testament Christians praise Him.
Let’s Exalt Him, Do Good, Love One Another, Be Fruitful and Praise Him this morning: