And again in Romans 5:1, “… being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
WE HAVE REDEMPTION
Ephesians 1:7, “In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.”
Redemption: salvation by His sacrifice. We have been redeemed, delivered from:
- The curse of the law Galatians 3:13.
- Bondage of the law and sin Galatians 4:5.
- From our enemies Psalm 136:24.
- From death I Corinthians 15, because:
WE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
John 5:13, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life.”
WE HAVE THE SPIRIT OF ADOPTION
Romans 8:15, “Ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”
WE HAVE A STRONG CONSOLATION
Read Hebrews 6:18-20.
According to Galatians chapter three we are Abraham’s children by faith and there are two immutable things that give us assurance:
- Gods promises.
- Gods oath.
God’s Word is all we need to keep us safe, sure of our salvation and eternal life.
WE HAVE AN ANCHOR (A SURE ANCHOR)
This is where it really gets good: God tells us that the hope of eternal life is as an anchor of the soul, and He uses two adjectives to describe the anchor:
- Sure: Asphales, “A” means: ‘not’; and sphales means: make to totter or falter. So, God is saying ‘not made to falter,’ or ‘will not falter when put to the test.
- Steadfast: Greek, Bebaios, meaning to be stable or “sustaining one’s steps while going.”
TO BE CONCLUDED TOMORROW!