We have a responsibility to teach and train those whom God has placed under our leadership; however, you have a responsibility also. Before we go into that, let’s see what the meaning of responsibility really is: In the Webster’s Dictionary it is defined as:
- The state of being responsible or accountable.
- That for which one is answerable – a duty or a trust.
- The ability to meet obligations, or to act without Superior authority or guidance.
So, to be responsible means:
- To be answerable legally or morally for the discharge of a duty, trust or a debt.
- Being able to discern between right and wrong.
- Being able to meet legitimate claims and having sufficient property or means to meet an obligation.
- Accountability and obligation.
We all have an obligation to Christ to meet our Christian obligations.
In this message will consider THREE BASIC PRINCIPLES, or RESPONSIBILITIES and OBLIGATIONS we have to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
COMMITMENT IS THE PRINCIPLE 2 Corinthians 5:17-21.
We are Ambassadors for Christ, and we are dead with no rights of our own. But you say, preacher that is quite a charge. Yes, to whom much is given, much is required.