Love is stronger than death, the Bible says, and “Many waters cannot quench love…”
How can one have and develop love in the home?
- BY HAVING THE RIGHT RESPECT FOR GOD AND EACH OTHER.
- BY PUTTING CHRIST IN HIS PROPER PLACE AS THE HEAD OF THE HOME.
- BY BEING OPEN AND HONEST IN YOUR AFFECTIONS TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER.
- BY SPEAKING KINDLY TO ONE ANOTHER AND STRIVING FOR AN ATTITUDE OF TOGETHERNESS.
- BY REALIZING THAT MAN AND WOMAN ARE BASICALLY DIFFERENT IN THREE AREAS:
- God made man and woman different Genesis 1:26-27.
- God recognized man’s need of a companion 2:18-23.
- God established certain principles in marriage 2:24-25.
- The principle of separation – to give up, abandon.
- The principle of singleness – to cleave (glued, pasted together).
- The principle of one flesh – one mind, purpose.
- The principle of openness – must be an open relationship, no secrets.
The Lord will then give you that spiritual heart you desire and enable you to demonstrate and experience the blessings of true Biblical love in your home.