Our nation has been through some very difficult days in the past few years, but I believe there is a great new hope in the making with the Inauguration of our new President, Donald Trump.
Psalm 121, verse 8 is the text.
Some have called this the New Year’s Psalm. Whatever the circumstances or occasion; three things are certain any time of year.
THE GEATNESS OF OUR NEED!
- There will be certainties like: duties, difficulties, trials and temptations in the coming year.
- On the other hand, there will also be some great joys and opportunities.
- Yet, there will also be some sorrows, death and losses.
THE INSUFFICIENCY OF HUMAN HELP!
- They are not always with us: By that I mean some parents and grandparents may die while other becomes more aged.
- They are not always dependable.
- They cannot give us the help we need, because sympathy is good; but sometimes we need more understanding. Human help so often falls short of what we really need.
OUR HELP MUST COME FROM THE LORD VERSES 1-2.
- With Him is all power in verses 1-2.
- He is constant in verses 3-4.
- He will be there to defend us – our keeper in verse 5.
- He will guard us from all form of evil in verses 6-7. Evil takes many different forms in every kind of disguise.
- He will preserve us in verse 8.
Not only our homes, church and daily business; but also our preserve our reputation, and our soul. Even until we die.