Here in verse 24 the Lord promises that we “shall not come into condemnation,” because our sins were paid for on the cross and we have “passed from death unto life.” (See Romans 8:1-8).
That makes ours a NOW salvation: Christ paid for our sins, was judged in our place, and we shall not come into condemnation. WHY?
- Because our sins are gone forever, because of His SUBSTITUTIONARY death.
Psalm 103:12, “As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.”
- Because His SCARS blotted out our sins and He will remember them no more.
Isaiah 43:25, “I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.”
- Because Jesus Christ SUFFERED for our sins.
1 Peter 3:18, “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:”
- Because He SETTLED our future sins, and we will not come into condemnation for them. He was judged for our sins.
- We have been delivered from the PENALTY of sin.
- We are being delivered from the POWER of sin.
- We will be delivered from the very PRESENCE of sin.