2 Corinthians 4:7-18
In this chapter I noticed several things of encouragement to each of us as we together look for some comfort through these days of trial for all of us.
I want to talk about two wonderful blessings about THE SUSTAINING POWER OF GOD!
THE PRESENCE OF GOD SUSTAINS US VERSES 8-9
Believe me; I saw it with my own eyes. The presence of God truly was the sustaining power for my wife Mary, family and friends.
- His presence sustains us in time of Distress.
- His presences sustains us in time of Despair.
- His presences sustains us in time of Death.
Paul literally saw the Spirit of dying daily verses 10-12:
- He bears the dying of Christ.
- That Christ may be seen in his body.
THE SPIRIT OF HOPE SUSTAINS US VERSES 13-18.
- The hope of being resurrected sustains us verses 14.
- The hope of His continued grace upon us and others sustains us verse 15.
- The hope of our inner being renewed “day by day” sustains us verse 16.
- The hope of eternal glory sustains us verses 17-18.
This thought is great: The Bible says that our afflictions are light when weighed against future glory:
- Because our eyes are not focused on the physical and temporal,
- But, our eyes are focused on the spiritual and eternal.
What a wonderful place heaven must be!
No wonder the song writer wrote, “Heaven is a wonderful Place,” and the title of our message for the next four days.