Proverbs 3:34, “Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.”
Please review yesterday’s notes for just a moment.
I want to bring out THREE IMPORTANT THOUGHTS or QUESTIONS from Psalm 1.
- WHAT IS THE SINNER DOING?
- WHAT IS THE BLESSED MAN DOING?
- WHAT IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF BOTH?
- WHAT IS THE SINNER DOING? VERSE 1.
He is doing the direct opposite of what the blessed man is doing and he is described in THREE NEGATIVES:
- He walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly.
- Nor standeth in the way of sinners (evil associations).
- Nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful (evil way).
Notice the degeneration here.
There are more ways of saying, “Thou shalt not” than “Thou shalt.”
- WHAT IS THE BLESSED MAN DOING? VERSE 2.
His delight is in the law of The Lord.
Whatever Jesus did, He based upon the will of the Father, not His own thoughts.
The happy man has strength; he is practical, energetic and he meditates day and night.
TO BE CONCLUDED TOMORROW!