Read John 6:1-13 again:
THERE ARE THREE KINDS OF FAITH:
A PESSIMISTIC FAITH – Philippians in verses 5-7.
- All he could see was money and human resources. Only what was available.
- He does not see the Power of God.
- He professes but not possession.
- He stresses only the impossibility of the problem and prays safely.
AN OPTOMISTIC FAITH – Andrew verses 8-9.
But still, a questioning faith. He searched for and bought food with what he had; but he questioned the supply.
- He loves and is committed to the Lord.
- He lays what he has before the Lord.
- He looks at his meager recourses.
The problem with this kind of faith is that it leads us to complaining and being anxious, grumbling and griping over quality.
A POSITIVE FAITH – Jesus in v. 10.
This was an unwavering faith and some great lessons for us:
- He took what He had and thanked God for it.
- He gave what He had.
- He used the disciples to help those in need.
This is the same faith as the one that got you saved – WOW!
A LIVING FAITH – DO YOU HAVE IT?