Read Acts 5:27-29 again.
Here are some principles needed to help make the your church successful in the 21st Century.
IT TAKES FIRST A PREACHER AND SOME PEOPLE.
The church rises and falls on leadership, but the key is followship.
A man of God will lead, but he must have some loyal and faithful people to follow. The man of God must be a man of conviction, sent from God.
By the way, don’t look for your preacher to be perfect: Though he strives very hard to be holy.
Here is a perfect preacher:
- Never too long in prayer or sermons.
- Never forgets what he ought to remember and never remembers what he ought to forget.
- Knows just when to speak and when to be silent.
- Sermons are always well prepared, delivered and appropriate.
- He is educated enough to be a College President and humble enough to be a beginner.
- Never has financial problems and lives on as little as possible – by faith.
- Never argues yet outspoken.
- He is a real leader of Israels hosts and enemies speak well of him.
- His wife is absolutely without fault and children just like her.
- His theology is old fashioned enough to please the conservative and challenge the liberal, while gentle as a lamb.
- He is always ready and willing to sacrifice for the good of all.
- He is always ready to listen, counsel, weep and share his family.
Perhaps that man is not yet born; nevertheless, the standard set by congregations is set high and behooves any pastor to aim high.
To be a pastor of a congregation is a high calling.