There are several comforting truths given in the Word of God about the death of a saint of God.
- It is a blessed event in our life.
Revelation 14:13, “Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord..”
- It is gain, “for to me to live is Christ and to die is gain.”
- It is full of:
FAITH, Hebrews 11:13, “These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them,”
PEACE, Isaiah 57:2, “he (the righteous) shall enter into peace.”
HOPE, Prove 14:32, “..the righteous has hope in his death.”
- According to the Bible, death is even desire in some cases: “Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:” And “waited for” in Job 14:14.
- It can be met without fear, 1 Corinthians 15:55, “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”
Thomas Fuller said, “No man should be afraid to die, who hath understood what it is to live.”
William Penn said, “He that lives to forever, never fears dying.”
- Death is even precious in God’s sight according to Psalm 23:4.
- Best of all it leads to: Comfort for the living.
1 Thessalonians 4:13, “But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (Greek Keimei- to lie down, the body not the soul) that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.”