Review and Read Luke 16:19-21 again.
Yesterday we addressed:
I. TWO FAMILIES VERSES 19-21 and today,
II. TWO FUNERALS VERSE 22.
- The RAGMAN in verse 22.
- He was a beggar and died first. God often takes the Godly first.
- And after He often leaves the wicked to prosper.
- The RICH MAN in verse 22.
In Latin: Exitus acta probat. “Let us wait a while and see the end thereof.” Which leads us to:
III. TWO FUTURES VERSES 30-31.
- One of great HORROR verse 23.
- Heaven is going to be a place of great comfort and hell is a place of great torment.
- Heaven is a place of joy and hell a place of weeping.
- Heaven is a place of plenty and hell is a place of pain.
- Heaven is a place of feasting and hell a place of fear.
- The other of great HAPPINESS verses 23-24.
- Lazarus was in a place of great HAPPINESS & HONOR while the rich man was in great HORROR. “In His bosom” means that it is a “holding place” for the saved. His soul existed separated from his body.
- He was in a place of care and compassion.
Thank God for this, “TALE OF TWO SINNERS.”
Which one are you in?