2 Timothy 3:1-9 and Proverbs 1:1-7
Yesterday we started discussing some things we are losing in Christianity in this new century. To Review:
The Loss of Bible Acceptance and Its Continued Decline.
Here’s the slide: from slavery to freedom, to prosperity, to privilege, to permissiveness, to over-indulgence, and back to slavery. Why?
- Because of the loss of Bible salvation – 2 Timothy 3:5.
- Because of the loss of Bible separation – 2 Timothy 3:2,4
- Because of the loss of Bible solutions – 2 Timothy 3:7.
The Loss of Bible Authority (Even in the Christian Community).
Today, we have entirely new movement of entertainment, freedom that to do their own thing. The Charismatics want an experience, the Mormons want your family, and the Jehovah’s Witnesses want your soul. The Bible has lost favor in our community. Now, the emerging church wants to get along with everybody and everything.
We have moved from Bible Christianity to experience.
But the Psalmist said, “Thy word have I hid in mine heart,” not “my experience.”
- The Loss of Bible Characters – as Role Models
- The Loss of Bible Conviction. We don’t need more laws; we just need to keep the laws we already have – The Word of God.
- The Loss of Bible Confrontation. In other words, don’t fear man.
TO BE CONCLUDED TOMORROW!