Please read 2 Thessalonians 2:13-17.
One of the things that come with salvation is that Jesus is coming again. That does not mean to constantly gaze up into the sky and look for His coming. But it will manifest in three different ways if one truly believes in His coming:
- It will affect his attitude toward the Word of God.
- It will affect his Walk with God.
- It will affect his Work for God.
- The Choice of God in verse 13, “chosen you to salvation.”
RA Torrey said Ro. 8:28 is “the soft pillow for a tired heart.”
This is so clearly taught in Romans 8:28:31.
- Through sanctification of the Spirit
- Through belief of the Truth
Think of it: God chose you before you even got here.
Spurgeon said, “I am so glad God chose me before I got here, because if He had waited until I got here, He would never have chosen me.”
Actually, the “whoever will’s” are the chosen ones.
- The Call of God in verse14, “to the obtaining of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
This is future and refers to the rapture.
I John 3:2, “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”