John Newton, Author of “Amazing Grace” in time of shipwreck … remembered.
III. DESIRE EMBRACED THEM!
What did they embrace? The wonderful promises of God.
IV. DESIRE BROUGHT ACTION!
That’s what we need today – ACTION. Four important truths about their faith…
A. Their Faith was a VISIONARY FAITH.
1. They saw the Promises of God afar off…not by sight, but in their
hearts and minds.
2. They saw a better country…heavenly.
B. Their Faith was a GROWING FAITH.
1. They were thankful for the privilege of seeing it.
2. They confessed that they were just passing through.
C. Their Faith was a WORKING FAITH.
1. They actively sought the Promised Land.
2. They did not just sit, talk and wait on God to give it.
3. They didn’t just ignore it, thinking they deserved it.
D. Their Faith was an ENDURING FAITH.
1. They never returned to the country they left behind.
2. They separated themselves from the world and stayed on course for
the Promised Land. That is…they kept their hearts and minds on it.
3. They did not return to the Old World when they had a chance.
4. They endured to the end, and went to the grave believing in the great
hope of God for the Promised Land.
Romans 4:21 “And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.”
2 Timothy 1:12, “For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”
How is your DESIRE and FAITH?