Read Jeremiah 2 :1-8.
These 21 questions of Jeremiah are grouped under FIVE HEADINGS:
I. THE QUESTION OF INIQUITY 2:5-6, 8.
A. Iniquity is not found in God 2:5.
B. Ingratitude was found on the part of Israel 2:6.
1. The ingratitude is seen in their forgetfulness of His mercy.
2. It is seen in their ignoring the present goodness of God. (They were eating the good fruit of the land given by God while they rebelled against Him).
3. It is seen in their turning to false gods.
4. It is seen in the character of their false gods.
5. It is seen in the mistreatment of God’s blessing and gifts.
C. Ignorance on the part of the priest’s verse 8.
II. THE QUESTION OF IDOLITRY VERSES 11, 13.
A. Israel changed her glory verse 11.
B. They committed two evils verse 13.
1. Forsook the fountain of living waters.
2. Hewed them out of cisterns that hold no water.