I am sure most of our readers have learned what to do to prepare for soul-winning. Now we are actually doing it.
I. THE APPROACH VERSES 26-29.
- Knock loudly…introduce yourself- speak up – be friendly. Tell what you are doing and who you represent.
- Spend several minutes in light conversation. This is very important in preparing the soil.
- Ask the question, ‘If you were to die today, are you 100% sure that you would go to heaven.’ Tell him/her that they can know for certain.
- Would you like to be sure?
- “If I could show you from the Bible would you be willing to do what the Bible says to do?” Yes, or no.
II. THE APPEAL VERSES 30-35.
There are four things you must know in order to be sure of heaven:
- Realize that you are a sinner: Romans 3:10,“As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: “Romans 3: 23,“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Ask, “If all are sinners, does that mean that you are a sinner?”
- Realize there is a penalty for sin. Romans 5:12,“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Romans 6:23,“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Explain the fact that Adam sinned and it was passed on to all of us. The entire human race is condemned because of his sin. Complete death means that the body goes back to dust and the soul goes on to hell. Revelation 20:14-15,”And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
Now give Romans 6:23b, “but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- Realize that Jesus Christ died and paid the price (debt) for your sin. Romans 5:8, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” Jesus never sinned. This means that He did not deserve to die. If He did not die for His sin, then for whose sin did He die on the cross? Answer: Yours and mine!
- Realize that you too can be sure of heaven. Romans 10:13,“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” How? Then read Romans 10:9-10,“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
Now ask, “according to these verses what would happen if you were to ask Jesus to save you? Answer, be saved!
PLEASE DON’T MISS TOMORROW: WE WILL CONCLUDE WITH “THE APPLICATION!”