Read Acts 2:41-47 again.
The church cannot carry out the great commission, disciple or mobilize for effective service if Christians refuse to IDENTIFY with and COMMIT themselves to the local Church.
# 1 WAS, CONVERSION
II. CONSECRATION – A CHANGE IN LIFE VERSE 42.
- FAITHFULNESS TO GOD
- CONFIDENCE IN THE SCRIPTURE.
- HONESTY IN PRAYER.
III. CONVICTION – A CHANGE IN ATTITUDES VERSE 43.
- FEAR OF SINNING AGAINST GOD.
Not just fear of being caught, but a holy fear of God.
2. FEAR OF SLIPPING OR SLIDING BACK TO THE FORMER LIFE.
There is a connection between being filled with the Spirit and conviction: Acts 4:31, 33, (7:55 Where Stephen was used to convict young Saul).
IV. COMPASSION – A CHANGE IN EART VERSES 44-47.
- UNITY in the home and church.
- SACRIFICE to help others.
- WITTNESSING to the lost.
WHY NOT LET GOD HAVE HIS WAY AND STOP BUCKING HIM?