1 Thessalonians 4;1-12.
Here is what God is saying, “if we are going to be unblamable in holiness then we must strive to live a holy life.”
This chapter gives us two parts:
- Some practical exhortations, verses 1-12
- Some suggestions designed to comfort those who had suffered loss in verses 13-18.
The first part gives the following topics:
- An exhortation to increase and abound in the Christian qualities they had already manifested, verses 1-2.
- An exhortation on the subject of sanctification, verses 3-8. Two points are specified: fornication and fraud.
- An exhortation to brotherly love, verses 9-10.
- An exhortation to be busy in their own business, and to honesty in their dealings, especially with Christians, verses 11- 12.