What greater goal than to have “godly” children in a godly family who desire the will of God, and want to live by The Word of God?
GOD HAS GIVEN US THE RESPONSIBILITY MATHEW 18:1-14.
A. To receive the children verse 5.
B. We must receive them as a gift from God, and to rear them for His glory.
C. We are not to offend them verse 6.
How sad when we offend our children by our neglect, by our words, by our sin, by our inconsistency, our waywardness, by our lack of leadership and our lack of godly living.
D. We are not to “despise one of these,” verse 10.
It is easy for us to “despise one”of these little ones, by our attitudes, by our words, by our reactions and again by our neglect (be it in the way of proper clothing or diet).
Sometimes it comes across to the child that you wish you never had them. They are an imposition to you or they are nothing but a problem to you. Bless God, if you have children, take care of them properly.
May I say this: PARENTS, YOU HAVE A GOD-GIVEN RESPONISIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF THEM.
E. To win them to Christ, verses 11-14. It ought to be our desire to win them to Christ and see them living for the Saviour – that is our responsibility.
SO, HOW CAN WE HAVE A FUNCTUNAL CHRISTIAN HOME?
- The husband must carry out the responsibility of being the leader in the home.
- By loving and teaching his wife.
- By training his children, (Deuteronomy 6:1-12) and teaching them to obey his wife (the mother).
- By having daily family times together: That means, breakfast and dinner together are a must. Television off and communicating and listening to one-another.
5. By practicing kindness, politeness and Etiquette in the home. (How archaic is that?)
6., The wife must help the husband to carry out his biblical leadership.
7. Children must obey and have a Christ-like spirit.
Conclusion: Revival cannot come to the church until we first have a revival in our homes. Amen and Amen!