1 John 4:17-21
One sure way to measure whether or not we love God: Do we love one another? Our Neighbors, our fellow man. No matter who they are, do we love them? If we love our fellow man it may prove that we love God. God has much to say about the matter of proving our love.
In chapters 3-4 are given at least SIX PROOFS of our love for God?
I. FIRST WE MUST EXPERIENCE THE LOVE OF GOD 3:1-3.
- The PRIVILEGE of God’s love – we are children of God.
- The HOPE of God’s love – we will be transformed.
- The INCENTIVE of God’s love, purity.
WE MUST TURN FROM ENSLAVING SIN 3:4-9.
- The NEED of deliverance – man is sinful.
- The PROVISION for deliverance – Christ.
- The PROOF of deliverance – we will not sin.
- The RESULT of deliverance – we are freed from living under sin.
III. OUR LIFE IS MARKED BY LOVE 3:10-17.
- Love REVEALS our nature – new birth.
- Love does not PERSECUTE the righteous.
- Love will prove that we are PASSED from death to life.
IV. HAVING A CLEAN HEART 3:18-24.
We will look at this another time.
V. TESTS THE SPIRIT OF FALSE TEACHERS 4:1-6.
VI. IF WE LOVE GOD – WE WILL LOVE ONE ANOTHER 4:7-21.
TOMORROW, WE WILL SEE THE EVIDENCE!”