Read 1 John 4:17-21.
If we really love God it proves:
I. THAT WE ARE BORN OF GOD AND KNOW GOD VERSE 7.
Notice tree things:
- God is love – His very nature is love.
Therefore, if a person loves God he becomes a loving person – he takes on the very nature of God.
- People see and know that we are born of God.
- They see it by our love for God and one another.
Matthew 22:39, “Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.”
John 13:35, “By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”
John 15:12, “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.”
Romans 12:9, “[Let] love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.”
1 Thessalonians 3:12, “And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all [men], even as we [do] toward you:”
1 Peter 1:22, “Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, [see that ye] love one another with a pure heart fervently:”
B. IT PROVES THAT WE SEE GOD’S LOVE VERSES 9-10.
- God’s love is seen in One Supreme Act – He sent His Son.
- It is God’s way of saving man from sin and hell.
- It proves than in verse 11 we ought to love one another.
WE WILL LOOK AT FIVE OTHERS TOMORROW!