Read Hebrews 12:1-17.
RESULTS OF BITTERNESS.
1. Defiles others verse 15.
2. Defeats the grace of God verse 15.
3. Defies correction verses 5-6.
4. Destroys motivation verses 3-4, Ephesians 6:34, Colossians 3:19.
5. Devil is given a place of operation Ephesians 4:26-27; James 3:15-18.
A. Develops into immorality or materialism verse 16.
B. Destroys fellowship with God verse 14.
REMEDY FOR BITTERNESS.
1. Recognize it as sin and not just the way you are Ephesians 4:26, 3-32.
2. Repent and confess Matthew 18:15-33.
3. Replace the focus verses 1-2.
4. Reconcile with the offender ASAP Matthew 5:23-24; 7:14-15.
5. Remember the Biblical examples:
a. Joseph, Genesis 37-50.
b. Christ, Luke 23:34.
c. Stephen, Acts 7:50-58.
6. Renew the mind Philemon 2:5.
What a way to finish…that’s the answer: Have the mind of Christ. Bitterness is crippling more servants than any other sin. It probably is the root of more symptom sins than any other sin. The joy of the Lord instead of bitterness will eliminate a lot of temptation to the pleasure of sin for a season.