Today, we want to address two main lessons regarding a wounded spirit:
FIRST, DON’T HAVE A WOUNDED SPIRIT! HOW?
Love the Word of God verse 23. Hear and understand.
Give it all to Jesus and you will not be offended verse 23.
Think of people with a wounded spirit as broken.
Give people a little lee-way and the benefit of doubt.
Make it a project to help them. Make it a ministry.
SECOND, DON’T CAUSE A WOUNDED SPIRIT.
Proverbs 18:19, “A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.”18:14,“The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?”16:32, “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”
- Don’t ever shoot or fight back – love your enemies.
- Understand those who have a wounded spirit.
- Understand what they may be going through.
Conclusion: The spirit keeps everything else healthy. You never catch good health. Look at Daniel, Job, Moses and David for examples.
- If you have a wounded spirit – forgive the offender or else, it will make you bitter. The end will be self-destruction.
- It is like any other disease – contagious.
- There is a cure: REPENTANCE, RESTORATION, RESTITUTION.