Read John 8:21-30
So, how can we please God?
I. EXALT HIS SON.
Colossians 1:18-19, “And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the pre-eminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell.”
- He is the Head of the church.
- He is Pre-eminent.
- He is worthy.
II. DO GOOD.
The Bible says in John 1:14, “the word became flesh,and in Acts 10:38, He went about doing good.”
We ought always to try to do good and to do what pleases Him. Hebrews 13:15-17
There are many other ways to please God:
- By proclaiming the message of Christ (I Corinthians 1:18-2:5)
- By believing God and his promises (Hebrews 11:6)
- By asking for God’s wisdom (1 Kings 3:10, Colossians 1:9-14; James 1:5-8)
- By staying away from sexual sin (Ephesians 5:3, 4, 10; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8)
- By sharing the gospel with the lost (I Corinthians 9:14-27, 10:31-33)
- By helping others in time of need (Philippians 4:10-20; Hebrews 13:16)
- By submitting to authority (Romans 8:7-8, Colossians 3:20; 1 John 3:22)
TO BE CONCLUDED TOMORROW!