This lesson is a little different from the usual family lessons, especially on how to rear children: Perhaps you think you heard me wrong: No, I mean how to rear parents. Children do have a part in making the family a FUNCTIONAL CHRISTIAN FAMILY.
And children can have a part in rearing them for The Glory of God.
I. LEARN TO UNDERSTAND YOUR PARENTS!
II. LEARN TO COMPLEMENT THEM!
III. LEARN TO BE THANKFUL and SHOW IT!
IV. LEARN TO DO THINGS FOR THEM AND WITH THEM!
Don’t be embarrassed to be around your parents, they have feelings too.
V. LEARN TO MAKE THEM PROUD OF YOU.
VI. LEARN TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEM!
- Spend time with them.
- Listen to them.
- Obey them in everything.
- BOYS, LEARN TO BE TO YOUR MOTHER WHAT SOME DAY YOU HOPE (or should I say must) BE TO YOUR WIFE!
- GIRLS, LEARN TO BE TO YOUR FATHER WHAT SOME DAY YOU HOPE TO BE FOR YOUR HUSBAND!
VII. LEARN TO SHOW YOUR LOVE AND COMPASSION FOR THEM!
VIII. LEARN TO BE CO-OPERATIVE WITH THEM!
HERE IS WHAT I AM SAYING:
There are many kinds of parents in the Bible. Many are not as good as your parents.
- Abraham: Faithful – Genesis 18:18-19.
- Moses: Neglectful – Exodus 4:24-26.
- Hannah: Holy – 1 Samuel 1:11.
- Eli: Non-restraining – 1 Samuel 2:22-29.
- David: Discouraged – 2 Samuel 18:32-33.
- Prodigal sons Father: Forgiving – Luke 15:17-24.