How many of us believe that we can limit God? Yes, we can! We cannot limit or enrich God as far as His Godhead is concerned; however, we can certainly limit Him working in our lives.
Today we are going to take a little different approach to this Psalm. We have taught several messages on the first part of this chapter, but this time we are going to see how the children of Israel throughout their forty-year journey limited God in the wilderness.
We too can limit God and must learn from the example of the children of Israel. They limited God because,
I. THEIR HEARTS WERE NOT RIGHT WITH GOD, VERSE 37.
Look at verses 34-41 and Ezekiel 33:3-32 and you will see that they limited God throughout their history.
- They worshipped false gods.
- They had sin in their life.
- Their spirit was not steadfast.
- We must learn that our hearts too can be cold.
- We must confess and forsake all known sin.
- We must learn to praise Him more.