Hebrews 10:25,“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much more as ye see the day approaching.”
What is it about the church of Jesus Christ that draws the multitudes week after week, year after year, and century after century? Certainly, it is not anything which man has done, or ever can do. The church goes on only becauseof the life-changing message of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Next week is our annual “I Love My Church” Sunday, and we want to take a few moments to express some of the reasons for which we love His church.
- BECAUSE JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR THE CHURCH. The Bible says he laid down His life a ransom for many. Think of it, the church is made up of individuals. The church is not a building. The church is not even an organization or a club. The church is made up of Blood-bought sinners because of His sacrifice.
- BECAUSE OF THE COST PAID BY THOSE WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE US. The church cannot go on unless the disciples of Christ truly forsake all to keep the church alive. Thank God for the saints of God who, for centuries, have given themselves to keep the church alive.
- BECAUSE WE FIND COMFORT IN FELLOWSHIPPING WITH ONE ANOTHER. Yes, of course the purpose of the church is to worship and glorify God through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; however, our church has become a part of our life, and it ought to be the most important part of our activity throughout the week.
- BECAUSE WE REALIZE IT IS THE ONY HOPE TO KEEP OUR HOMES AND NATION STRONG. The Bible says, “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”– Psalm 9:17. We have certainly seen this to be true. We must be willing to lay down our lives, if need be, to guard, protect, and defend the church of Jesus Christ for the coming generations.
- BECAUSE THIS IS THE PLACE WHERE NOT ONLY ARE SOULS SAVED, BUT LIVES ARE CHANGED. While this is one of the most important reasons, the best reason I can think of is because Christ loved the church and gave himself for it.