Often you hear people say, “Oh, if I could just live my life over again.” There are two reasons people say that:
1. They are discouraged with their lives.
2. They are making excuses because they will not change. Verses 25-26, Paul realized they still needed him.
You cannot relive your life. You can only start living it properly today. I would not want to go back in time for any reason.
In verses 28-30 Let me just say that suffering is a sign of blessing not God turning His face against you. Let me give you some good reasons I would not want to go back.
1. Time would not have any meaning; it is just passing by.
2. I would miss seeing Jesus sooner.
3. Because I would not want to face temptation again.
4. I would not want to take a chance and not be saved.
So, if I could live my life over again, what would I change or do different?
I. I BELIEVE THE FIRST THING IS THAT I WOULD WANT TO BE A BETTER CHRISTIAN, HUSBAND AND FATHER.
II. THE SECOND THING I WOULD DO IS GET SAVED SOONER.
I cannot understand a person rejecting Christ for any reason. I can understand a person not being saved, but not rejecting Him. So, the second thing I would do is get saved sooner.
III. I WOULD SERVE HIM HARDER.
Don’t you feel like shouting “Be patient with me God is not finished with me yet.” Philippians 1:6, 2:13.
I thank God for working with me for these many years. But greater yet, thank God for working in me for all these years.