2 Corinthians 9:6-15.
Verse 12, “For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God.”
This message is not so much on giving as it is on thanksgiving. The subject at hand is Biblical giving; however, in this verse God not only gives the blessing of giving, but even more importantly, the many thanksgivings we are giving unto God as a result of giving. I believe most Christians would agree with the following results of our giving,
• When we give of our tithes to the Lord, it will help to supply our needs.
• When we give of our offerings to the Lord, it will help supply the needs of others.
• Our giving will be a cause for many thanksgivings unto God.
• It will cause others to thank God for you.
It matters not how much we give; we will never be able to out give God, because He has given us an unspeakable gift.
God has blessed America so much that He requires us to meet the needs of those less fortunate. I believe America has always gone the extra mile when it comes to helping the poor in other nations, as well as our own. My hope and prayer is that the American people will always be up front and continue to help the needy around the world. Several blessings result as we give to the poor:
• The one that has been helped will give honor and praise to God.
• Those that see the generosity of the giver will give praise to God.
• The one that is giving will praise God and be honored by God for his or her giving.
Matthew 5:16, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your
good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
John 15:8, “Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”
Deuteronomy 8:10, “When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the LORD thy God for the good land which he hath given thee.”
Psalm 107:22, “And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.”
TO BE CONCLUDED TOMORROW!